Hi there and welcome to the first exclusive content for the website where I (Mr. Lightman) will be trying out recipes and having my bestie giving her review on them. First up is a quick sandwich bread recipe that’s easy to make and doesn’t take long to finish, about 3.5 hours total time, that’s a pretty short time for bread!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups of flour
I was able to make 2 loafs of bread with this recipe and I can’t say I’m disappointed in how it came out. Plus, this was all stuff I already had in my pantry.
The steps to making the bread are easy
- melt the butter in a saucepan
- add milk
- add yeast
- add salt and eggs, mix well
- in a bowl, mix the liquids and flour till it comes together, when it looks smooth and feels tacky is where I stop
- let rise for 2 hours
- knead bread once more and cut in two
- roll bread into the shape you want, I use a bread pan that’s about 8 inches long, 4 wide, 3 deep.
- let the bread rise for an hour
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes
Now for what she (my bestie) considers the best part of this ordeal, the taste testing!
To better judge the bread, she used it two ways, in a sandwich and as toast.
First up, as toast. “it’s very good for toasting as it maintains its texture. it has the slight sweetness of brioche without requiring so much effort to make and butter. Even if the bread got slightly burnt it didn’t get too dry in the middle.” This was paired with banana almond butter and mixed berry jam.
Now the regular untoasted version, it’s pretty standard bread for savory sandwiches but because of the texture it can almost mimic banana bread when paired with sweet condiments.
Compared to other favorites of mine like Brioche, potato, and milk bread, this doesn’t compare. The bread isn’t as tasty or fluffy but it’s such a simple bread to make in a pinch i’m not gonna judge it too hard.